GRM 950 is a cost-effective outdoor iDirect 950mp satellite modem with next-level security features for use in challenging environments.
Developed in conjunction with leading satellite hardware and airtime providers, the GRM (GRC Rugged Modem) series has been tested into iDirect hubs across multiple satellite service provider networks. Supporting both fixed location and mobile applications, it’s been extensively trialled on a diverse range of terminals from satcom on-the-move (SOTM), to man portable and 1.3m static dishes.
Compatible with Evolution and iDirect Velocity networks, IP67 rated and CE Marked, GRM modems are designed to meet defence and commercial requirements, while still delivering a cost-effective modem, that’s flexible enough to operate on a diverse range of terminals and networks, yet intuitive enough for end users with minimal training.
- Next-level security features
- iDirect Evolution and Velocity compatible
- Designed for outdoor use, lightweight and rugged with low power requirements
- Suits fixed and mobile applications
- Increased data rates and supports High-Throughput Satellite (HTS)
- Full 24 hours per day, all year-round support and helpdesk available via email and phone
Key technical features
- 5 x 30 x 27 cm (Height x Width x Depth)
- Weight 3.3 kg
- IP67 rating for dust and water ingress protection
- Built to meet FCC, UL, EU and Canadian standards, RoHS compliant
- Meets MIL-STD 810G
- Increased security features with AES FIPS 140-2 Level 3, Link Encryption 256-bit (software dependent on iDirect Velocity model), TRANSEC, X.509 digital certificates authentication, Automatic Key Management
- Data Interfaces: LAN: Dual Ethernet and GPS input
Two GRM 950 are in operation with a US based customer working alongside defence and government agencies, who were looking for a rugged solution to use on field deployments, where hardware was often left outside, exposed to the elements, particularly rain and low temperatures.
GRC Ltd is an independent UK SME Telecoms and Engineering company that designs and delivers RF and Satellite solutions for UK Defence, Government and Commercial sectors. Using COTS technology, the systems are able to be delivered quickly and can be supported in country or remotely via a 24/7 helpdesk. The capabilities are ideally suited for Aid Agencies, first responders and contingency operations where fast setup, reliable, deployable communications are needed.