GRM 200 Satellite Modem (GRC)
GRM 200 is a low-cost, rugged, outdoor iDirect IQ 200 satellite modem for use in challenging environments.
Developed in conjunction with leading satellite hardware and airtime providers, the GRM (GRC Rugged Modem) series has been tested into iDirect hubs across multiple satellite service provider networks. Supporting both fixed location and mobile applications, it’s been extensively trialled on a diverse range of terminals from satcom on-the-move (SOTM), to man portable and 1.3m static dishes.
Compatible with Evolution and iDirect Velocity networks, IP67 rated and CE Marked, GRM modems are designed to meet defence and commercial requirements, while still delivering a cost-effective modem, that’s flexible enough to operate on a diverse range of terminals and networks, yet intuitive enough for end users with minimal training.
- iDirect Evolution and Velocity compatible
- Designed for outdoor use
- Lightweight and low power requirements
- Suits fixed and mobile applications
- Increased data rates
- Full 24 hours per day, all year-round support and helpdesk available via email and phone
Key technical features
- 5 x 30 x 27 cm (Height x Width x Depth)
- Weight 3.3 kg
- IP67 rated for dust and water ingress protection
- CE Certified
- Built to meet FCC, UL, EU and Canadian standards, RoHS compliant and meets MIL-STD 810G
- Security features with 256-bit AES link encryption
- Data Interfaces: LAN: Dual Ethernet and GPS input
A satcom-on-the-move terminal manufacturer with a customer looking for a low-cost satellite modem option to mount in off-road vehicles has supplied multiple GRM 200 alongside a custom-made vehicle mount attachment we designed to aid installation.
GRC Ltd is an independent UK SME Telecoms and Engineering company that designs and delivers RF and Satellite solutions for UK Defence, Government and Commercial sectors. Using COTS technology, the systems are able to be delivered quickly and can be supported in country or remotely via a 24/7 helpdesk. The capabilities are ideally suited for Aid Agencies, first responders and contingency operations where fast setup, reliable, deployable communications are needed.